- The Great Financial Crisis: Causes and Consequences!
- How to Write Killer Fiction?
- The Cambridge History of American Literature/Book II/Chapter VII.
- The Bible! The Finest Jewel in the World;
- Take Back Your Wedding: Managing the People Stress of Wedding Planning.
- Cats: An Honest Guide - With Lulu and Rocky.
- Sunrise of Avalon: A Novel of Trystan & Isolde!
Hidden fields. Top charts.
New arrivals. George Alfred Henty February 7, The creators of this series are united by passion for literature and driven by the intention of making all public domain books available in printed format again - worldwide.
At tredition we believe that a great book never goes out of style. Several mostly non-profit literature projects provide content to tredition.
To support their good work, tredition donates a portion of the proceeds from each sold copy. Reviews Review Policy. Published on. Flowing text, Google-generated PDF. Best For.
Web, Tablet, Phone, eReader. Content Protection. He reveals himself as one of those many Athenians and other Greeks who turned to autocratic political models, including admiration of Persia, after the excesses of the Athenian democracy led to disaster in the Peloponnesian War. He also reveals himself as much more than a literary man and a critic of his times. A gentleman adventurer and something of a professional soldier, he followed in turn the philosopher Socrates, the Persian prince Cyrus the Younger, and the Spartan king Agesilaus, all of whom he wrote about with an air of close personal knowledge.
His works include the autobiographical Anabasis, an account of his service with a mercenary Greek army that marched from Mesopotamia to the Black Sea after the defeat and death of the younger Cyrus. It provides the most detailed single perspective on the military practices and military mentality of Xenophon's age.
Sea Warfare - Rudyard Kipling - Google книги
His Hellenica, by contrast, is an impersonal continuation to the end of the Peloponnesian War of the work of Thucydides and a patchy memoir that concentrates on Sparta's fortunes until the definitive end of its power in b. Xenophon's other major works are the Cyropaedia and the rambling Socratic dialogues known as the Memorabilia. The Cyropaedia is a fictional idealization of the career of Cyrus the Great, the only great conqueror known to the Greeks before Alexander.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1?
- Top Health Foods – to Eat or Not to Eat Them?.
- Gesundheit! Was die Medizin so alles kann (GEO eBook) (German Edition).
- Additional Information.
- Wicked Game;